Ac Installation Tampa: 7 Signs You Need a New AC System
A highly efficient, optimum-functioning AC system is crucial in Florida. We use them year-round to cool our homes, stave off humidity, and ensure that our air is clean, clear, and healthy to breathe. Unfortunately, this frequent use (and sometimes overuse) often causes units to wear out faster than normal, and that wear and tear forces homeowners to purchase a new system, cough up a few thousand dollars, and hire a professional to handle the AC installation. Tampa residents know this can add up fast.
Luckily, just because an AC system is down or not working properly doesn’t always mean it needs an outright replacement. In fact, most of the time, you won’t need a full replacement unless your AC system has any of the following problems:
- It’s more than 10 years old. Once your AC unit hits the 10-year mark, it’s probably time to start shopping for newer models. Older units simply can’t cool as efficiently as they once did, and your energy bills (and home temperature) will quickly start to reflect that. Consider hiring a professional to recommend a new unit and handle the AC installation. Tampa residents will see amazing improvements after installing a new unit.
- It needs repairs often. If your AC system has started to need repairs often – like once every few months – then something is seriously wrong. It’s either too old to do its job, or its parts are just too worn out to function properly. Either way, it’s likely time to get a new one. Call in a professional to get a full evaluation ASAP.
- It’s not cooling as efficiently as it should. Have you noticed your home just isn’t as cool as it used to be? Is it taking your AC unit more time and effort to cool down your space? If so, these can all indicate that a system is on its last legs. Have an AC professional come in and do a temperature test where they will check the incoming air versus the outgoing air. If the difference isn’t at least 15 degrees, it’s time to replace your unit.
- It still uses R22. Though R22 used to be the norm in most AC systems, it is now being phased out by the government in an effort to conserve energy and reduce emissions. Because of this, R22 prices have gone up exponentially. If your AC unit still uses R22 as its refrigerant, you’ll want to switch to a new model that uses R410A instead. This will end up being much more cost-effective (and efficient) over time.
- Your energy bills are higher than usual. If your energy bills are suddenly skyrocketing, but you aren’t doing anything differently, then there’s a chance that your AC unit is the culprit. You’ll want to call in a professional to evaluate the unit and see if you need a replacement. With a new, more updated AC installation, Tampa residents can enjoy not only lower energy bills but a cooler home as well.
- It’s emitting weird noises or smells. If you hear squealing, squeaking, grinding or other noise coming from your AC unit, that’s usually a sign that something is malfunctioning. Additionally, off-putting smells can signal a problem too. It may mean your wiring has burned out, there’s mold in your unit or there’s a leak of some sort. No matter what the case, it needs to be evaluated immediately.
- It has poor airflow. Check your AC vents and feel the airflow that comes out. Is it still strong? If not, it could mean there’s something wrong with your compressor or there’s a blockage in your vents. Ultimately, both of these will lead to inefficient cooling power, and they could damage your unit in the long run. It’s best to have it looked at as soon as possible to prevent further costs.
Have you noticed any of these problems, and do you think you might be due for a new AC installation, Tampa homeowners? Then contact Air Zero today. Our expert technicians will evaluate your unit and make the appropriate recommendations, so call us now to schedule your appointment.