As it starts to warm up, odds are you’re going to be ready to undergo some spring cleaning in and around your home. In addition to dusting and sanitizing surfaces, you should also focus on cleaning the air throughout your home, too.
Not sure where to start?
Our local experts at Air Zero are here to help by talking to you about the top five ways to improve indoor air quality in your home:
- Know When to Ventilate
- Clean Your Air Conditioning Unit
- Change Your Air Filters
- Use an Air Purifier & Dehumidifier
- Work with an HVAC Company You Trust
1. Know When to Ventilate
Spring is a popular time of year to undergo a lot of cleaning and home improvement projects, which can kick up a lot of dust and dirt around your home. Between dealing with that and the cleaning supplies, your first move will probably be to open up your windows and let the fresh air into your space.
While this is a good idea on its face, it’s important to pay attention to weather conditions outside before you do this.
Outdoor pollutants around this time of year, so be strategic about when you’re airing out your home and when you’re keeping everything closed off.
2. Clean Your HVAC Unit
Once spring has sprung, it’s only a matter of time before the hot summer months are upon us. Before you have to rely on your air conditioning unit 24/7 again, you should clean it! This can be as simple as clearing away debris, but it could end up being more work. Fortunately, you won’t have to do that part on your own if things do get more complicated.
Simply get in touch with an HVAC repair and replacement company near you. (Like us!)
3. Change Your Air Filters
Another great spring cleaning tip: change your air filters! New air filters will improve air quality overall, and they will also help your HVAC system work at peak conditions without any extra strain. This can help you save on your energy bills, too!
At Air Zero, we offer electronic filters that will catch up to 65% of particles and boost overall air quality without any extra work on your end. That way, you can keep your interior as healthy as possible throughout the year!
4. Use an Air Purifier & Dehumidifier
Whether you’re dealing with poor indoor air quality, or you want to prevent future issues, an easy solution is to use an air purifier and whole-house dehumidifier. Both of these products can get your home interior back in healthy shape and keep it that way.
- Air purification systems remove allergens, viruses, bacteria, and mold that may exist in your indoor environment. There are a variety of different air cleaner and purification systems that can work with your HVAC units such as filters, UV lights, and more. At the end of the day, it’s up to you to decide what solutions will work best within your home.
- Whole-house dehumidifiers come in all sizes to fit the needs of your home. These systems remove excess moisture from inside your home to prevent mold growth over time. Plus, they can operate independently from your HVAC system.
5. Work with an HVAC Company You Trust
Last but not least, the best way to improve your indoor air quality is to work with a professional HVAC company that offers a variety of solutions for your home. For homeowners in Florida, that company is Air Zero.
Our team knows what it takes to keep your home interior safe and healthy by offering duct repairs and replacements, UV lights, electronic filters, air purifiers, whole-house dehumidifiers, and more.
Whether you have more questions about improving air quality, or you’re ready to schedule an appointment to work on your own home, you can reach out to our local experts right away! Either give us a call or fill out our online form to schedule a free consultation today.
Subscribe to Air Zero's Blog